Saturday, August 21, 2010

Die Happy - "Intense Live Series Volume 4"


Die Happy - Intense Live Series Volume 4
1993, Intense

1. Justified
2. In Studio
3. Painted Truth
4. In Studio
5. Temple Of Soul
6. In Studio
7. Celebration
8. In Studio
9. Endless Time
10. All Over Me

If I remember correctly the Intense Live Series got a lot of flak from critics but I always thought they were pretty fun. Die Happy's installment was the only one I didn't get on tape back in the day. I don't know why... I just missed it somehow. Well now I finally have it and it's pretty much what I expected - a fun "live" disc with decent versions of album material. It really showcases how great a vocalist Kyle Basuri is and how great a bassist Greg Chassion is. The band also does a little bit more acoustic stuff than some of the other discs in the series. "Temple Of Soul" is pretty cool as an "unplugged" tune but I think I could do without Greg Chassion shouting the chorus at me in the second half of the song. "Endless Time" is a new ballad and "All Over Me" is a Petra cover - both rock.

Useless Fact: Terry Taylor (DA, Swirling Eddies, Lost Dogs) was the executive producer for this whole series. I have a hard time seeing him with the likes of Tourniquet, Rose, and Die Happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment