Monday, April 18, 2011

The Mustard Seeds - "The Mustard Seeds"


The Mustard Seeds - The Mustard Seeds
1996, Entourage

1. Mr. Green
2. Last Man on Earth
3. Cats and Dogs
4. Bulldozer
5. Mother May I
6. Red Mountain
7. Ordinary Man
8. Fool For You
9. Life Goes On
10. Quicksand
11. King Kong

Boy I sure do loves me some Mustard Seeds. After getting their latest album awhile back I went ahead and got their debut too. It was cheap. It's also wonderful. It's a little less commercial and the harmonies are more up-front, I think. The King's X type down-tuned riffs shine through as well. I think I like this one a little bit more than their latest - mainly because of the less commercial thing. Either one is fantastic though. *sigh* If I were in charge this band would have been huge.

Useless Fact: The band has another album called Red which is inexplicabley more expensive than the debut. Why? Hmmm... Anyway, I'll have to track that one down as well.

1 comment:

  1. Forgive me if I've mentioned this before but have you listened to the lone album by Jughead? It's very Mustard Seed-like. Which is only natural as it's half of The Mustard Seeds and Ty Tabor. Nothing too deep lyrically but just loads of good heavy power pop!
    uvulapie

    ReplyDelete