Saturday, November 19, 2011

She & Him - "A Very She & Him Christmas"


She & Him - A Very She & Him Christmas
2011, Merge

1. The Christmas Waltz
2. Christmas Day
3. Have Yourself a Very Little Christmas
4. I'll Be Home For Christmas
5. Christmas Wish
6. Sleigh Ride
7. Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree
8. Silver Bells
9. Baby, It's Cold Outside
10. Blue Christmas
11. Little Saint Nick
12. The Christmas Song

She & Him features actress Zooey Deschanel who starred in Elf, Failure To Launch, Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, and most recently the television sit-com New Girl. If you heard her singing in Elf you'll know what to expect here. Zooey has a unique voice that might not be to everyone's taste. I like it though. And while this little CD took a couple listens to grow on me I definitely enjoy it. Very stripped down sound... almost has a bit of a 70's vibe I think (I say that not having lived during the 70's...). In "Baby, It's Cold Outside" Zooey actually sings the guy's part. Definitely worth checking out.

Useless Fact: She & Him have several albums out. They are similar in style to this one only they're not Christmas music.

No comments:

Post a Comment