Tuesday, February 8, 2011


Ransom - Ransom (20th Anniversary Edition)
1991/2010, Intense Millennium

1. Lasting Love
2. Rumors
3. Memories of You
4. Fool That I Am
5. Break Into Darkness
6. Tonight
7. Etched in Stone
8. Fallen Angel
9. Your Broken Heart
10. I'll Never Leave You
11. When I Die
Bonus Tracks
12. Sin Killer (Demo)
13. Sticks and Stones (Demo)
14. To Be Like You (Demo)
15. All My Heart (Demo)

I remember when Intense Records put out their Hot Metal 4 video. Ransom's "Lasting Love" was one of the tunes on there and my cousin and I watched that tape over and over that entire summer. Ransom play slick, LA/Glam metal backed by Lisa Faxom. Her powerhouse voice is definitely up to the challenge of fronting a metal band. She can really belt it out on the rocking songs then tone it down for the ballads with a sweater, more melodic sound. I'm not sure I would call this a "classic" in the same vein as some of the other IM releases, but as it stands this one is definitely a good album and worth checking out.

Intense Millennium has seen fit to reissue this classic album. They've remastered it which, naturally, improves the sound quality immensely. They've also added the band's Once and For All demo as bonus tracks. Sadly, they've also added an ugly M8-style banner to the cover. *Sigh* Someday, guys, someday. Also, why no special liner notes? Was the band unavailable? Kind of a missed opportunity, but not that big a deal.

Useless Fact: The band played a ton of clubs back in the day. The Roxy being the most notable. They were one of the bands that played in bars or wherever they could.

No comments:

Post a Comment