Friday, December 2, 2011

The Glenn Miller Orchestra - "In the Christmas Mood"


The Glenn Miller Orchestra - In the Christmas Mood
1991, Delta

1. Sleigh Ride
2. Yuletide Melody No. 1 (Oh Holy Night/Joy to the World/O Little Town of Bethlehem)
3. Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer
4. Silver Bells
5. Jingle Bells
6. Frosty the Snowman
7. Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas
8. Yuletide Melody No. 2 (O Christmas Tree/It Came Upon a Midnight Clear)
9. I'll Be Home For Christmas
10. Silent Night
11. In the Christmas Mood

This disc is excellent, even though I'm not a huge fan of big band music. Not to say I don't like it because - surprisingly enough, I do. However, I find that, for me at least, it's much more background music than something that really engages my soul. Of course, the fact that it's Christmas makes it instantly better and more listenable to me. Yeah, I know it's weird. The Glenn Miller Orchestra expertly delivers these timeless Christmas melodies with style. Style. Like suits and ties and fedoras style. The type of old tyme style we don't have now. In the Christmas Mood makes a great soundtrack to whatever holiday activities you're engaging in.

Useless Fact: Um... didn't Glenn Miller go missing or die in a plane crash or something? Yeah... you can tell how well-versed I am in Glenn Miller! Someone better informed can fill us in on his fate.

1 comment:

  1. http://www.examiner.com/swing-and-big-band-in-national/the-disappearance-of-captain-glenn-miller

    ReplyDelete