Monday, January 9, 2012

Grave Robber - "You're All Gonna Die!"


Grave Robber - You're All Gonna Die!
2011, Rotweiller

1. Flatliners
2. You're All Gonna Die!
3. Paranormal Activity
4. Invisible Man
5. Something Wicked This Way Comes
6. Nightbreed
7. Haunted House
8. Incredible Shrinking Woman
9. Last Man on Earth
10. Fill This Place With Blood
11. Curse of the Werewolf

Sometimes I wish the Christian music market was structured more like it was when I was a kid. Grave Robber is such an awesome band. I can only imagine what they could have done with the resources of Intense Records or some other Frontline outlet. But who am I kidding? The Christian market wasn't that good! Also, there would have been no way a band like Grave Robber (with its image) could've been signed and accepted by any of those old labels. It's just that they're such a great band and I'd really love to see what they could do with a big label's money!

Ever since I got Inner Sanctum a while back, Grave Robber has been one of my favorite bands. I've also liked just about everything else they've done since then (i.e. the various songs on various comps). I even went ahead and added You're All Gonna Die! to my list of picks for 2011 having not heard it yet. I'm happy to say that Wretched and company did not let me down as their newest effort totally smokes. The sound continues in the vein of the previous album - mixing punk and metal. Rarely have I heard a band who melds their influences with such finesse as Grave Robber. "Fill This Place With Blood" is probably the best example. It has a cool metal riff but has plenty of punk attitude as well. But there's so many awesome songs here. The title track, "Something Wicked This Way Comes," "Nightbreed," "Haunted House," "Curse of the Werewolf." This disc puts me in an instant good mood - just like the last one.

If there's one thing odd about this release, it's that "Incredible Shrinking Woman" is actually a live track with an extended introduction by Wretched. I'm not sure why but it's kind of weird to have it right smack dab in the middle of a new studio album.

In any event, You're All Gonna Die is definitely a step up from Inner Sanctum and proves that the band still has plenty of passion and, hopefully, they'll be around for a long time.

Useless Fact: The band had multiple problems getting this CD released. Not the least of which was a snafu with one of the movie samples. It wasn't public domain like they thought it was. Procuring the rights would have cost them an ungodly sum of money, so they just took the sample out. It delayed the manufacturing of the CD for quite a while!

No comments:

Post a Comment