Friday, January 27, 2012

3 - "Wake Pig"


3 - Wake Pig
2005, Metal Blade

1. Alien Angel
2. Monster
3. Dregs
4. Wake Pig
5. Bramfatura
6. Trust
7. Dogs of War
8. Soul to Sell
9. One Way Town
10. Queen
11. Circus Without Clowns
12. Where's Max?
13. Amaze Disgrace

I've said this before but I often find that the albums that grow on me tend to end up being my favorites. So it is with 3's Wake Pig. It took a few listens for my mind to really grab on to what the guys are doing here. Eventually I was hooked! 3 sounds like a combination of Coheed & Cambria and PFR - like both bands got together and had a baby. Lead man Joey Eppard is a phenomenal guitar player and singer. Just listening to the acoustic "Bramfatura" makes me never want to touch the guitar again. I'm not even sure how he's even able to make those sounds. I'd list favorites but this is one of those rare albums where every single song is great.

Useless Fact: Joey's brother Josh Eppard left the band to play with Coheed & Cambria. This may explain why they sound similar.

No comments:

Post a Comment