Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Alice Cooper - "Alice Cooper Goes To Hell"



Cooper, Alice - Alice Cooper Goes To Hell
1976, Warner Bros.

1. Go To Hell
2. You Gotta Dance
3. I'm the Coolest
4. Didn't We Meet
5. I Never Cry
6. Give the Kid a Break
7. Guilty
8. Wake Me Gently
9. Wish You Were Here
10. I'm Always Chasing Rainbows
11. Going Home

With every Alice Cooper album I listen to my appreciation for him grows. Alice Cooper Goes To Hell is a sequel to the original Welcome To My Nightmare. Like that album this one has a lot of variety from the guitar rock he's known for to some more 50's-style sounds (like on "I'm the Coolest" and "Give the Kid a Break"). There are a couple songs on here I don't care for, like "I Never Cry" and "Wake Me Gently" . what can I say? I'm not much for Alice Cooper ballads for some reason. As I understand it this album wasn't nearly as successful. For me though, it's a pretty solid, enjoyable platter.

Useless Fact: Wait...wasn't Welcome 2 My Nightmare the sequel to Welcome To My Nightmare?

No comments:

Post a Comment