Friday, February 15, 2013

Coheed and Cambria - "The Afterman: Descension"



Coheed and Cambria - The Afterman: Descension
2013, Hundred Handed

1. Pretelethal
2. Key Entity Extraction V: Sentry the Defiant
3. The Hard Sell
4. Number City
5. Gravity's Union
6. Away We Go
7. Iron Fist
8. The Dark Side of Me
9. 2's My Favorite 1

I'm glad we didn't have to wait a year or two for the second half of The Afterman. I'm also glad that it's just as good as the first half. The band retains their sound while still trying out some new things - though I don't think there are as many new things here as on Ascension. "The Hard Sell," a song about being true to yourself and not selling out, is - ironically - the most mainstream, radio friendly track on here. Not that I mind any. I like that track quite a bit. There's also "Number City" which is one of the more experimental tracks featuring horns and what not. I absolutely love that one. I really think the whole project is something that needs to be listened to together because each album individually, while awesome, is a little light. Either way, I'm excited about Coheed again The Afterman (the whole saga, that is) is truly a treat.

Useless Fact: Vocalist Claudio Sanchez is the voice of Cyrus Amory and Claudio's wife is the voice of Cyrus AI companion, All Mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment