Sunday, February 26, 2012

Madonna - "The Immaculate Collection"


Madonna - The Immaculate Collection
1990, Sire

1. Holiday
2. Lucky Star
3. Borderline
4. Like a Virgin
5. Material Girl
6. Crazy For You
7. Into the Groove
8. Live to Tell
9. Papa Don't Preach
10. Open Your Heart
11. La Isla Bonita
12. Like a Prayer
13. Express Yourself
14. Cherish
15. Vogue
16. Justify My Love
17. Rescue Me

Occasionally at work, when a certain co-worker is not there, we get to listen to a radio station other than the classic rock station 95.5 (Station Motto: your place for musical diversity - so long as you like Lynard Skynard and AC/DC!). The station we use an times like that is 102.9, which actually plays a decent selection of stuff from the 70's, 80's, and 90's. Every now and then this station will play some old school Madonna. This activates the nostalgia chip in my brain and I feel warm and fuzzy inside. So after a month of craving old school Madonna I bought this "greatest hits" collection that only goes up to 1990. I have to confess that I am enjoying it way more than I thought I was going to. I don't know if Madonna herself wrote the songs or some studio people, but this is some good stuff and I'm not afraid to admit it. The song selection is good but I think I'd switch out "Live to Tell," "Justify My Love," and "Rescue Me" and put something like "Dress You Up" and "Who's That Girl?" Also, I think the versions of "Like a Prayer" and "Express Yourself" are remixes and not the original versions. They're a little more electronic than I remember them.

Useless Fact: Madonna is as old as my father-in-law... and she still wears fishnet stockings.

No comments:

Post a Comment