Thursday, July 12, 2012

Dream Theater - "Black Clouds & Silver Linings"



Dream Theater - Black Clouds & Silver Linings
2009, Roadrunner

1. A Nightmare to Remember
2. A Rite of Passage
3. Wither
4. The Shattered Fortress
5. The Best of Times
6. The Count of Tuscany

Okay, get ready people. Heat up the crow pie because I'm about to eat a mouthful. I take back every bad thing I ever said about Dream Theater. This album is amazing. Simply amazing. While the songs are long and very progressive they never seem to get lost in pure technical playing for the sake of being technical. The vocal melodies are catchy. I have listened to this disc several times and have never gotten bored. I admit, however, that "Wither" isn't exactly my favorite song on here but it's also the shortest track. Oddly enough the two longest tracks ("A Nightmare to Remember" and "The Count of Tuscany") are my favorites. Consider me a Dream Theater convert!

Useless Fact: This was the last album to feature Mike Portnoy on drums.

1 comment:

  1. Great... now I'm going to have to reconsider my position and possibly end up kicking myself for not seeing them live in 1992.

    ReplyDelete