Monday, January 7, 2013

Gama Bomb - "Tales From the Grave in Space"



Gama Bomb - Tales From the Grave in Space
2010, Earache

1. Slam Anthem
2. New Eliminators of Atlantis B.C.
3. Three Witches
4. Last Ninjas Unite
5. Escape From Scarecrow Mountain
6. Mussolini Mosh
7. We Respect You
8. Apocalypse 1997
9. Return to Blood Castle
10. Polterghost
11. Skeletron
12. Mummy Invasion

Hey, remember in my review of Citizen Brain where I said I didn't think I'd want disc after disc of this? I lied. I told a dirty, dirty, lie because I could very well have more of this. Especially after listening to Fueled By Fire - they just made me hungry for better thrash. So I bought this. It's packed full of the same speed/thrash/punk fusion as the last disc. The theme on this album seems to be old B-movie horror stuff. The liner notes are made up to look like an old pulp comic book. Pretty creative if you ask me. Though they do skimp on the lyrics - only having a few lines for each song and that kind of stinks. I also don't think the songs are quite as distinctive as on the last album. It took a lot more listens to pick out the hooks. A fun album, but not quite as good as Citizen Brain. 

Useless Fact: I think "Polterghost" is about the movie "Poltergeist." At least it sounds like it. Also, "We Respect You" is a tribute some of the band's favorite 80's actors like Steve Guttenburg and Ronnie Cox (to name a few).

No comments:

Post a Comment