Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Sepultura - "Chaos A.D."


Sepultura - Chaos A.D.
1993, Roadrunner

1. Refuse/Resist
2. Territory
3. Slave New World
4. Amen
5. Kaiowas
6. Propaganda
7. Biotech is Godzilla
8. Nomad
9. We Who Are Not As Others
10. Manifest
11. The Hunt
12. Clenched Fist
Bonus Tracks:
13. Chaos B.C.
14. Kaiowas (Tribal Jam)
15. Territory (Live)
16. Amen/Inner Self (Live)

Years ago I was a member of this little CD trading website called LaLa. For a year or two it was pretty cool. You'd send out your unwanted discs and you'd get stuff on your want list for a dollar. That is how I got Chaos A.D. originally. I liked it but got rid of it for some reason. I cannot for the life of me remember what that reason was. However, I stumbled upon this disc again and immediately repurchased it for the the vault. Seriously, what was my deal? This album is a thrash metal classic. I've never been a huge fan of the band as a whole, I absolutely love this album. While it's light on intricate riffing the band makes up for it with sheer power and groove. It's amazingly heavy, yet very accessible at the same time. Great for long car trips. Don't worry, little Chaos A.D., daddy will never send you away again....

Useless Fact: Sepultura is the Brazilian word for "grave." 

No comments:

Post a Comment