Sunday, October 12, 2014

Jacob's Trouble - "Jacob's Trouble"



Jacob's Trouble - Jacob's Trouble
1993, Frontline

1. Wild, Wild Ride
2. Lovehouse
3. Desiree
4. This Moment
5. It's a Boy's, Boy's, Boy's, Boy's World
6. Best Part of Me
7. Time Bomb
8. Better Part of Me
9. Tears of an Angel
10. Lovin' Kindness
11. Way of the Cross

Back in the day I had a friend in my youth group who loved this band. Of course, she was a big fan of the Monkees as well. Jacob's Trouble's first few albums were kind of Monkee-esque (or so I hear) and that's probably why she was so rabid for them. I was never a huge fan and I'm not sure what possessed me to buy this self-titled album other than I was at Kingdom Bound and had money burning a hole in my pocket. This album actually represents a shift in their sound to more of a modern (at the time) alternative rock sound. I'd say it's not unlike Uthanda's first album. Despite never being a huge fan I really dug this album at the time and, being inspired to buy it by the band's appearance on Frontline Rewind, really dig it now. I don't think I'll every explore the band's back catalog but I do love this one.

Useless Fact: When I opened up my CD I found that there was still a little Compassion International ad flyer stuck in there. That was the big thing then - to sponsor a need child through them. My mom did it... sponsored one kid for years and years until she grew up and didn't need it anymore. That's how cool my mom is. Anyway, a lot of Christian artists got involved - in the advertising anyway. I remember ads featuring Phil Keaggy and Cindy Morgan to name a couple.

1 comment:

  1. I had a Compassion kid for a number of years in the late 80s as well but eventually she dropped out of the program and they gave me kid #2. A year later HE dropped out and they offered me child #3. I declined... just couldn't take the rejection...

    ReplyDelete