Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers - "Hypnotic Eye"



Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers - Hypnotic Eye
2014, Warner Bros.

1. American Dream Plan B
2. Fault Lines
3. Red River
4. Full Grown Boy
5. All You Can Carry
6. Power Drunk
7. Forgotten Man
8. Sins of My Youth
9. U Get Me High
10. Burnt Out Town
11. Shadow People

I wasn't quite as impressed with the one Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers album I have (as opposed to just Tom Petty himself) and at first I thought the same was going to be true with Hypnotic Eye. My first listen was kind of... underwhelming. However, it soon grew on me and I really enjoy it. It's not anything ground-breaking that's for sure, but I think that's part of its charm. Tom Petty is always reliable. I don't think he's capable of doing anything "bad" per se. That's what this album is - simple, unpretentious rock n' roll. It tastes great and goes down smooth.

Useless Fact: I don't really have any obscure Tom Petty trivia, unfortunately. I think he's a White personality-type... if you're familiar with the Hartman color code of personality.

No comments:

Post a Comment