Saturday, November 29, 2014

Cole, Nat King - "The Christmas Song"



Cole, Nat King - The Christmas Song
2009, Capitol

1. The Christmas Song
2. Deck the Hall
3. O Come All Ye Faithful
4. God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen
5. O Tannenbaum
6. O Little Town of Bethlehem
7. I Saw Three Ships
8. O Holy Night
9. Hark! The Herald Angels Sing
10. A Cradle in Bethlehem
11. Away in a Manger
12. Joy to the World
13. The First Noel
14. Caroling, Caroling
15. Silent Night
16. Buon Natale
17. All I Want For Christmas (Is My Two Front Teeth)
18. The Happiest Christmas Tree
19. The Christmas Song (ft. Natalie Cole)

I've wanted to replace my Chestnuts Roastin' Nat King Cole collection with a proper one for a long time. This year I finally did it. If you're looking for a Nat collection, this is the one to get. I like that the balance of songs on here is more toward the hymns and carols and less to the silly, fun songs. Not that there's anything wrong with silly, fun songs - I just like more of a balance. Now I just have to get some Frank Sanatra and I'll have the "holy trinity" of Christmas performers.

Useless Fact: I am happy to report that there is no version of "Baby, It's Cold Outside" on this disc.

No comments:

Post a Comment