Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Connick Jr., Harry - "What a Night! A Christmas Album"



Connick Jr., Harry - What a Night! A Christmas Album
2008, Sony

1. It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year
2. What a Night!
3. Christmas Day
4. Holly Jolly Christmas
5. Please Come Home For Christmas
6. O Come All Ye Faithful
7. Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairies
8. Let There Be Peace On Earth
9. Winter Wonderland
10. It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas
11. Santariffic
12. Jingle Bells
13. Zat You Santa Claus?
14. We Three Kings
15. Song for the Hopeful

I think my Harry Connick, Jr. Christmas collection is complete. Though honestly I didn't like this one as much at first. It took some growing time. The traditional songs are as great as they always are. I really enjoyed the jazzy version of "We Three Kings" even though, like I said, I had to warm up to it at first. I also love this version of "Winter Wonderland" with Harry's daughter singing with him. I think it's probably one of my favorite versions. I don't know how I feel about "Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairies" as I don't think jazz is quite the style that fits with that version. Also, it doesn't seem like the originals are as good as the ones on the previous albums (except the title track, which I love). Still worth getting, though. I just don't think it's as strong as the other two.

Useless Fact: I don't really have any facts left about ol' HCJ.

No comments:

Post a Comment