Friday, July 21, 2017

Keaggy, Phil - "Find Me In These Fields"



Keaggy, Phil - Find Me In These Fields
1990, Myrrh

1. Instrumental
2. Strong Tower
3. Carry On
4. Instrumental
5. When the Wild Winds Blow
6. This Side of Heaven
7. Find Me In These Fields
8. Get Over It
9. Calling You
10. Instrumental
11. Gentle & Strong
12. Final Day
13. Instrumental
14. Be In My Heart
15. Instrumental

Find Me In These Fields often pops up as one of people's favorite Phil Keaggy platters. Seeing as I'd only heard Crimson & Blue (and absolutely adored it), I figured I'd give this one a shot. After all, it was released in 1990, aka The Best Year Ever For Music. Aaaaaaaand...what do you know? It's awesome. Of course it is. This is like a master class in musicianship and songwriting. If you're looking for a great pop/rock record written and played by some insanely talented musicians, this is for you. I was hooked from the opening acoustic instrumental. Any suggestions on which Keaggy album to get next?

Useless Fact: Rick Cua played bass on this album. He was kind of a big thing way back in the day.

1 comment:

  1. I got to see Phil Keaggy play this past Saturday and the man still has it! The show had Honeytree, the original Petra lineup, and Matthew Ward in the first half. My 16 year old daughter went with me and was kinda bored. When Phill was halfway through his first song she leaned over and said, "Wow! He's really good!" The contrast between Keaggy and those that went before him was palpable.

    ReplyDelete