Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Austrian Death Machine - "Total Brutal"


Austrian Death Machine - Total Brutal
2008, Metal Blade

1. Hello California
2. Get to the Choppa
3. Rubber Baby Buggy Bumpers
4. All of the Songs Sound the Same
5. I Am a Cybernetic Organism, Living Tissue Over (Metal) Endoskeleton
6. Come With Me If You Want To Live
7. What It's Like to Be a Singer at Band Practice
8. Who is Your Daddy, and What Does He Do?
9. You Have Just Been Erased
10. Boo-Tall Song Idea
11. Here is Sub-Zero, Now is Plain Zero
12. So Far, So Good, So Let's Talk About It
13. Screw You (Benny)
14. Why?
15. If It Bleeds, We Can Kill It
16. It's Not a Tumor
17. Not So Hidden Track

Listening to Austrian Death Machine's first disc is a little bit like playing the original Final Fantasy after having played Final Fantasy VII. It's good but in going backward you loose some of the charm. That's kind of how I feel about Total Brutal. I loved Double Brutal. Loved the jokes, the songs, the impersonator. On this debut though nothing is as funny or as entertaining though if I would have heard this one first, it probably would have been just as awesome as Double Brutal. The "Ahnold" impersonator isn't nearly as good and I don't think there's as many memorable songs here either. I do like "I Am a Cybernetic Organism..." especially because of the melodic chorus that is a nice diversion from the usual angry growls. Also, "Get to the Choppa" is awesome as well as "Who Is Your Daddy, and What Does He Do?" Otherwise though everything is a step down which is good in the fact that it's the band's debut and they improved on their next disc. So yeah here's how it is Total Brutal = Final Fantasy 1, Double Brutal = Final Fantasy VII (or whatever your favorite one is - for me it's a toss up between IV, VI, and XII).

Useless Fact: Anybody know what "Rubber Baby Buggy Bumpers" is from? I seem to remember seeing a movie with Arnold saying that but I can't remember which one.

No comments:

Post a Comment