Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Tankian, Serj - "Elect the Dead"


Tankian, Serj - Elect the Dead
2007, Warner Bros

1. Empty Walls
2. Unthinking Majority
3. Money
4. Feed Us
5. Saving Us
6. Sky Is Over
7. Baby
8. Honking Antelope
9. Lie Lie Lie
10. Praise the Lord and Pass the Amunition
11. Beethoven's Cats
12. Elect the Dead

Okay, Serj Tankian's (System of a Down) solo album should be really good. My wife and I both love System of a Down. Sadly, aside from "Empty Walls" and a couple of other tracks (namely "Praise the Lord and Pass the Ammunition") Serj's debut is boring. There's not really anything here besides the songs already mentioned that are anything more than half-baked System tracks. Some people just shouldn't go solo and I think Serj is one of them.

Useless Fact: I'm not sure what track eleven's really name is because everything is blanked out after the "C". I don't know what it is and I don't want to know, there fore I've renamed the song "Beethoven's Cats" and "Cats" it will remain.

2 comments: