Thursday, April 22, 2010

Precious Death - "Precious Death"


Precious Death - Precious Death
1996, Metro One

1. All We Have is Now
2. I Was Free
3. (What's the Name of) This Song
4. Another Form of Slavery
5. The Ocean
6. Did You Know
7. New Music For a Quiet Revolution
8. When the Rain Comes
9. One and One and One
10. Psalm

This is another one of those albums that I actually own but you'll probably never find it on my Ipod. At this point in the band's lifespan most of the original members were gone. If I didn't know any better I'd say that this album was only made because the band needed to fulfill a three album contract. It doesn't sound anything like the unique metal/funk fusion of the past two albums. It's a shame too because that stuff was really awesome and this stuff is just mediocre alternative that sounds almost exactly like Chris Scott's other band Blackball. Why they didn't just change their name I'll never know.

Useless Fact: The band released one more album, a "Greatest Hits" comp. I don't think it had any new songs on it. Thus a great band faded into the night...

No comments:

Post a Comment