Friday, April 16, 2010

Weezer - "Raditude"


Weezer - Raditude
2009, Interscope

1. (If You're Wondering If I Want You To) I Want You To
2. I'm Your Daddy
3. The Girl Got Hot
4. Can't Stop Partying
5. Put Me Back Together
6. Trippin' Down the Freeway
7. Love is the Answer
8. Let It All Hang Out
9. In the Mall
10. I Don't Want To Let You Go

Weezer returns with another radio friendly album in the vein of Make Believe. Thankfully I think this disc is more enjoyable than that one. A lot less hit and miss that's for sure. The theme here is parties, girls, and hanging out. It's not so bad but I think Rivers Cuomo (who's married and in his 40's I think) needs to grow up a little. "Can't Stop Partying" features rap troll Lil' Wayne. I think I can do without any of that crap in my Weezer, but at least he doesn't completely ruin the song. And as always with newer Weezer there's some throw away tracks like "Put Me Back Together" and "Love is the Answer." The latter is a sitar-infused pseudo hippy track complete with an eastern singer (I'm not sure who she is or what language she's singing in). It also contains the hilarious lyric, "You've just got to trust in the world." What? Are you CRAZY? If there is one thing in which I am absolutely NOT putting my trust it's "the world." Despite all that Raditude is a fun listen though I'm not sure how much staying power these simple and shallow songs will really have.

Useless Fact: There's a video of Weezer and Sara Bareilles singing "(If You're Wondering...)" and Haley from Paramore shows up in the video for "I'm Your Daddy."

No comments:

Post a Comment