Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Flyleaf - "Remember to Live"


Flyleaf - Remember To Live
2010, Octone

1. Justice & Mercy (Violent Love Version)
2. Okay
3. Amy Says
4. Dear My Closest Friend
5. Light in Your Eyes
6. Believe in Dreams
7. Arise (Ben Moody Mix)

Well, well, well... what do we have here? My wife and I were getting groceries at Walmart and I saw this little EP that had apparently been released without telling anybody. New songs too! Well... old songs actually. From what I hear a majority of these tunes were from the band's catalogue back when they were known as Passerby. I was surprised at how mellow this is. It's nowhere near as intense as Memento Mori. Also, I hate to say it, but it's kind of boring. I like "Justice & Mercy," "Okay," and "Amy Says." I also dig the techno-industrial pop version of "Arise" that Ben Moody did. The other three tracks just lack spark for me. They also sound very similar so they kind of run together. I don't necessarily regret buying it, but it's definitely for hardcore fans only. I would suggest casual fans download the tracks they like.

Useless Fact: The liner notes feature the musings of the daughter of the commander whose notes were in Memento Mori. No lyrics either. My wife and I would like to have both please.

No comments:

Post a Comment