Friday, July 15, 2011

Scaterd Few - "Jawboneofanass"


Scaterd Few - Jawboneofanass
1994, Faceless Gen

1. Witchcraft
2. Dreams
3. Sinking in Sorrow
4. Sheets
5. Stretch
6. Once Upon
7. Oom Pah Pah
8. Reel Not Real
9. Holding Stare
10. Dame
11. Ransom
12. Pinnacle

Back in the day I was really miffed that I never got to hear Jawboneofanass. Sin Disease ranks as one of my favorite albums of all time so I always wanted to hear the follow up. Sadly, no Christian book store anywhere near me carried it so I went without. I was sad. However, the band has recently released their entire back catalogue online! Now you can get everything. I quickly bought Jawbone and sadly, was disappointed. This album is far more melodic and mellow than the previous one. Where the first one was filled with short, punchy songs, this one is filled with longer, sprawling compositions that didn't really grab me. It makes me a little sad inside. I'm hoping that this will grow on me over time but right now I can't say it does much for me.

Useless Fact: Rumor has it Jawboneofanass was recorded three times before it was finally released. That may be some of the reason this doesn't quite jibe with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment