Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Mumford & Sons - "Sigh No More"



Mumford & Sons - Sigh No More
2010, Glass Note

1. Sigh No More
2. The Cave
3. Winter Winds
4. Roll Away Your Stone
5. White Blank Page
6. I Gave You All
7. Little Lion Man
8. Timshel
9. Thistle & Weeds
10. Awake My Soul
11. Dust Bowl Dance
12. After the Storm

My wife and I got this disc because we really liked "The Cave" and "Little Lion Man." I still like those tunes but I'm kind of ambivalent about this disc. It's good and I like the sound - kind of like a Bluegrass version of Dave Matthews (especially in the vocals). And seriously, props to a band that can make the banjo sound dark, foreboding, and tortured. I just have to be in the right mood to listen to it. Usually afterward I always want to listen to something heavy and ripping.

Useless Fact: One person in the band is indeed named Mumford. No word on whether the other guys are his sons.

No comments:

Post a Comment