Sunday, December 31, 2017

Bushong, Tim - "O Come Emmanuel"



Bushong, Tim - O Come Emmanuel
2016, Rockhill

1. O Holy Night
2. O Come, O Come Emmanuel
3. Joy to the World
4. Let All Mortal Flesh Keep Silence
5. Hark! The Herald Angels Sing
6. Do You Hear What I Hear?
7. Skating
8. What Child Is This?
9. Santa Claus Won't Come This Year
10. A Mighty Fortress Is Our God
11. The Ballad of John Roberts

O Come Emmanuel was a gift from my good friend Uvulapie. Tim Bushong is a name one might recognize from bands like Lovewar and The Bleed (later Rex Carroll and the Bleed). This album does both things that I look for in Christmas music. First, it has some songs you don't hear very often ("Let All Mortal Flesh Keep Silence" and "A Mighty Fortress Is Our God"). Second, the songs you have heard have their own unique twist. Songs like "O Come, O Come Emmanuel" are pretty familiar but Tim blings them out with some amazing instrumentation. Also included... a cool rock/jazz version of "Skating" from A Charlie Brown Christmas. I also enjoyed "Santa Claus Won't Come This Year"... and original? I think? It's a solid Christmas album all around and I'm very thankful that I have a cool friend like Uvulapie that sends me random stuff sometimes!

Useless Fact: I am kind of at a loss to understand The Ballad of John Roberts. Who is John Roberts? I have no idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment