Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Sia - "Everyday is Christmas"



Sia - Everyday is Christmas
2017, Atlantic

1. Santa's Coming For Us
2. Candy Cane Lane
3. Snowman
4. Snowflake
5. Ho Ho Ho
6. Puppies Are Forever
7. Sunshine
8. Underneath the Mistletoe
9. Everyday is Christmas
10. Underneath the Christmas Lights

While scoping the internet one day I heard Sia had a new Christmas album. Of the current crop of pop music I can honestly say I don't hate Sia. Also, all of the songs were originals. If it's something I'm looking for in new Christmas music it's a) originals or b) completely new spins on traditionals. The first song and video for the album was "Santa's Coming For Us" which, despite the kind of foreboding title is a fun, upbeat song with a cute little video. It stars Kristen Bell and Dax Shepard and reminds me a lot of Hall & Oates "Jingle Bell Rock" video from back in the day. The rest of the songs are pretty catchy as well. "Candy Cane Lane" and "Puppies Are Forever" have sort of an old Motown vibe. The only thing I have against this album is that the last three songs are kind of slow paced. Not bad, mind you, just slow. I could have used another upbeat ditty towards the end for sure. Aside from that, I definitely recommend it. Especially since the songs on here haven't been played to death.

Useless Fact: The videos for "Candy Cane Lane," "Ho Ho Ho," and "Underneath the Mistletoe" form a little trilogy about a little girl, her dog, and a mutant snowman.

No comments:

Post a Comment