Friday, November 23, 2018

McKennitt, Loreena - "An Ancient Muse"



McKennitt, Loreena - An Ancient Muse
2006, Quinlan Road

1. Incantation
2. The Gates of Istanbul
3. Caravanserai
4. The English Ladye and the Knight
5. Kecharitomene
6. Penelope's Song
7. Sacred Shabbot
8. Beneath a Phrygian Sky
9. Never-Ending Road (Amhran Duit)

When this album first came out I didn't think it was as good as her previous albums. I have no idea why - I think that the problem was on my end. Listening to it now I love it, naturally. "Caravanserai" and "Penelope's Song" are some of her best. "Beneath a Phrygian Sky" kind of reminds me of "The Bonny Swans" a little bit. I'm glad I went back to this one. I have a lot of memories of listening to this album and working at Coutrywide Home Loans in Florida way back in the day. Just before the secondary loan market burst. Boy that was a sucky job. Anyway, this album is great like the others and past me was a moron.

Useless Fact: My edition has another remix of "Beneath a Phrygian Sky." It's okay but I prefer the original.

No comments:

Post a Comment