Sunday, August 12, 2018

Guns N' Roses - "Appetite For Destruction"



Guns N' Roses - Appetite For Destruction
1987/2018, Geffin

DISC ONE:
1. Welcome to the Jungle
2. It's So Easy
3. Nightrain
4. Out ta Get Me
5. Mr. Brownstone
6. Paradise City
7. My Michelle
8. Think About You
9. Sweet Child O' Mine
10. You're Crazy
11. Anything Goes
12. Rocket Queen

DISC TWO:
1. Reckless Life
2. Nice Boys
3. Move to the City (Live)
4. Mama Kin
5. Shadow of Your Love (Live)
6. Welcome to the Jungle (1986 Sound City Session)
7. Nightrain (1986 Sound City Session)
8. Out ta Get Me (1986 Sound City Session)
9. Paradise City (1986 Sound City Session)
10. My Michelle (1986 Sound City Session)
11. Shadow of Your Love
12. It's So Easy (Live)
13. Knockin' On Heaven's Door (Live)
14. Whole Lotta Rosie (Live)
15. You're Crazy (Acoustic Version)
16. Patience
17. Used To Love Her
18. Move to the City (1988 Acoustic Version)

I've had to replace my old copy of this album for awhile. It was one of those cheapo five dollar Walmart deals with no liner notes or anything. I never got around to it until now. Since this is a proper reissue with a remaster, extra tracks, liner notes, I figured I'd get this definitive edition for the vault. I still maintain that Guns N' Roses was never as good as they were on Appetite For Destruction. I don't think there was anything wrong with the original master, but this remaster sounds great and really highlights how talented this band was in their prime. This edition also includes most of the material from GN'R Lies which saves me the trouble of having to bother with that. Not that I think I ever would... though "Patience" is a great song. Still trying to decide if I want to to try getting into the Use Your Illusion albums.

Useless Fact: My fellow game nerds know that the robot bosses in Mega Man X5 were named after members of Guns N' Roses (Duff McWhalen, etc). However, with the reissue of the game on the Mega Man X Legacy Collection 2, they've gone back to the original names. Weird, I thought it was kind of silly originally but now I miss them. "Tidal Whale" just isn't as cool anymore.

1 comment:

  1. Pretty sure I still have my original cassette copy of this from my youth. A total classic, despite some less than desirable lyrics and themes. Musically, this destroys.

    ReplyDelete