Saturday, February 13, 2010

Barren Cross - "State of Control"


Barren Cross - State of Control
1989, Enigma

1. State of Control
2. Out of Time
3. Cryin' Over You
4. A Face in the Dark
5. The Stage of Intensity
6. Hard Lies
7. Inner War
8. Love at Full Volume
9. Bigotry Man (Who Are You?)
10. Two Thousand Years
11. Your Love Gives

I got this not too long after I got Atomic Arena. I remember because I was in 7th grade and it was during Christmas. I got this along with Seventh Angel's Lament For the Weary and I also remember I had gotten real sick. I think I spent a whole day in my room sleeping and I wasn't prone to getting that sick. Whether or not that had anything to do with me not like this disc for a long time I don't know. For some reason this just didn't do anything for me except for "Out of Time" and I think I liked that song because the feux newscast in the beginning is funny. I finally checked this out again after years and years and you know what? I don't know what the heck was wrong with me. This is every bit as good as Atomic Arena if not better. Certainly the lyrics are better that's for sure.

Useless Fact: Someone told me once that the beginning of "Out of Time" was taken from some movie. Probably one of those 70's Christian end times movies. You want to have some fun? Get some friends together, get pizza, and find a copy of "Thief in the Night." It's hilarious!

No comments:

Post a Comment