Monday, February 8, 2010

Foxworthy, Jeff - "You Might Be a Redneck If..."


Foxworthy, Jeff - You Might Be a Redneck If...
1994, Warner Bros.

1. Introduction
2. Words in the South
3. You Might Be a Redneck If...
4. Life as a Father
5. Single Life is Just Too Hard
6. I Love Being Married
7. You Might Be a Redneck If...

You might be wondering why I'm putting up comedy albums on a site that's almost all music. Simple really... the stuff is on my ipod. I've got a lot of fond memories of listening to this stuff driving back and forth between Elmira, NY and Ft. Wayne, IN when I was in college. Finally... it's my blog and I'll do what I like... and you'll like it!

*AHEM* Anyway, this is obviously the album that started the whole "redneck" phenomena. I think a lot of people will be with me when I say that ship has sailed. Thankfully most of Jeff's comedy isn't even about redneck stuff. It's just about life and relationships and what not. It's also pretty funny. To this day even after hearing this disc a million times I'm still amused by the party stories ("Hey Officer Mitchell! I though you said you didn't want to come back out here again tonight!) and the single life stories. While I've long since gone past the point of laughing out loud anymore - I STILL like this. I think that's saying something.

Useless Fact: Jeff's actually got a few tapes and CDs that came out before this major label deal. You can usually find them at truck stops. I am not making that up.

No comments:

Post a Comment