Thursday, January 7, 2010

Balance of Power - "Ten More Tales of Grand Illusion"


Balance of Power - Ten More Tales of Grand Illusion
1999, Nightmare

1. Day Breaker
2 Prisoner of Pride
3. Savage Tears
4. Under the Spell
5. Blind Man
6. About to Burn
7. Under Innocence Wing
8. Sins of the World
9. The Darker Side
10. Ten More Tales of Grand Illusion

Balance of Power is a great band. They have this way of combining the commercial appeal of hard rock, the virtuoso playing of progressive metal, and the crunchy riffs of power metal to make their own sound. Totally works for me. I think this one is slightly more commercial sounding than Perfect Balance but that might just be me. The only thing I don't like is the "la la la's" in the piano ballad "The Darker Side." Seems like he could have sung something else there... it sounds cheesy to me. Otherwise... awesome!

Useless Fact: These guys are from the UK....except vocalist Lance King who's a Yankee. I really could not think of a useless fact for this disc.

No comments:

Post a Comment