Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Winger - "Winger"


Winger - Winger
1988, Atlantic

1. Madaline
2. Hungry
3. Seventeen
4. Without the Night
5. Purple Haze
6. State of Emergency
7. Time to Surrender
8. Poison Angel
9. Hangin' On
10. Headed For a Heartbreak
11. Higher and Higher

Winger got a raw deal. After being lambasted on Beavis and Butthead the band became the personification of pansy hair metal. It's too bad because I think these guys have chops. I like this album better than the White Lion one I have. "Seventeen" was the big album off this one of course. Just put your prejudices aside and check this disc out. You may be pleasantly surprised.

Useless Fact: While the song is awesome the subject matter of "Seventeen" is a little creepy. I assure you if Kip Winger ever tried to get his aqua-net stained hands on my seventeen year old daughter, he would be eliminated post haste! He's probably got a seventeen year old of his own, I wonder what Kip Winger The Father thinks of this song now?

No comments:

Post a Comment