Monday, January 11, 2010

Stryper - "In God We Trust"


Stryper - In God We Trust
1988, Enigma

1. In God We Trust
2. Always There For You
3. Keep the Fire Burning
4. I Believe in You
5. The Writings on the Wall
6. It's Up 2 U
7. The World of You and I
8. Come to the Everlife
9. Lonely
10. The Reign

In God We Trust has the distinction of being the very first tape I ever got. For that reason alone it will always have a special place in my heart even though I don't listen to it that much. I remember my mom taking me to the Christian book store in the mall to get it. Mom hated it. My friends hated it. But I loved it. Didn't know at the time just how commercial the band had gotten at this point. MTV was playing them all the time. I only have a few favorite tracks off of this one because as I look back now, I was a little too young to realize how forgettable some of these tracks are. So while this disc will always be on my ipod and in my collection, it's something I hardly ever pull out.

Useless Fact: After this disc the guys abandoned their stripes and caused a lot of controversy by going "secular." Of course they caused a lot of controversy by being a Christian metal band too... so I guess they were used to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment