Thursday, January 21, 2010

Weezer - "Weezer (Red)"


Weezer - Weezer (Red)
2008, Geffin

1. Troublemaker
2. The Greatest Man That Ever Lived (Variations on a Shaker Hymn)
3. Pork n' Beans
4. Heart Songs
5. Everybody Get Dangerous
6. Dreamin'
7. Thought I Knew
8. Cold Dark World
9. Automatic
10. The Angel and the One

A lot of people decry this album's more experimental nature but for me it's one of the most enjoyable albums since Pinkerton. I mean I actually listen to this one all the way through without skipping any tracks (except the last one). I don't even care that the other band members sing on the latter half of the album. Will this one ever be considered a classic like the band's first two offerings? Probably not. But it is a decent follow-up and certainly the best total package they've put out in a while.

Useless Fact: This album is also available in a special edition with extra songs and what not. "Thought I Knew," "Cold Dark World," and "Automatic" were all written by the other members of the band and each one sings the song they wrote.

No comments:

Post a Comment