Thursday, January 7, 2010

Skid Row - "Skid Row"


Skid Row - Skid Row
1989, Atlantic

1. Big Guns
2. Sweet Little Sister
3. Can't Stand the Heartache
4. Piece of Me
5. 18 and Life
6. Rattlesnake Shake
7. Youth Gone Wild
8. Here I Am
9. Makin' a Mess
10. I Remember You
11. Midnight/Tornado

Skid Row remains one of my favorite "hair" bands. They've got that sort of grimy LA party vibe like Poison, but Skid Row is far more talented and heavier. Sebastian Bach was one of the coolest frontmen back in the day and his unique vocal style sets the band apart. I never really got into any of their follow-ups nearly as much. Not much more to say, really. Skid Row rocks!

I used to know this guy at my church who claimed that he actually wrote "18 and Life." He also claimed that he wrote "Down Boys" by Warrant. Uh... yeah... it says in the liner notes to both CDs who wrote the songs. Of course, after pointing this out the guy claimed that the bands didn't want to acknowledge him. Sure.... um.... isn't that illegal? Of course this is the guy who sang "Thank You" by Ray Boltz seventeen times at our church.

Useless Fact: I think the second album, Slave to the Grind was actually more successful than this one but I never got into that one for some reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment