Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Tabor, Ty - "Moonflower Lane"


Tabor, Ty - Moonflower Lane
1998, Metal Blade

1. I Do
2. The Island Sea
3. Live in Your House
4. I Know Everything
5. The Truth
6. Without You
7. Hollow Eyes
8. Walk With My Love
9. Another Day
10. Her Palace

For some reason I love King's X but don't care much for any of the members' solo material. I don't really care for any of Dug Pinnick's stuff and while I do spin this disc occasionally I can't say that it's one of my favorites. I think when the guys come together, magic happens. But when they are by themselves... eh... it's just music on a disc for me. Ty was also fairly bold about Christianity on this disc... well more bold than with King's X in 1998.

Useless Fact: Ty Tabor has put out several solo albums since this one. He's got a new release called Balance and from the samples I've listened to, I don't think I'll see my mind changing on these guys' solo stuff.

2 comments:

  1. I remember being seriously disappointed by this album. I wasn't expecting it to sound like King's X, but I was at least expecting it to be good. Sadly, it wasn't (IMO). And I have no idea what the reviewers of Moonflower Lane were listening to when they wrote their reviews (way back when), because it sounded nothing like the album they described.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you on their solo songs. I have all of Ty's solo albums and they are, unfortunately, a bit lifeless. However if you haven't heard Ty's stuff when he combines with others - Platypus, Jelly Jam or Jughead - then you are absuing yourself. YES, NEGLECT ABUSE! However of all the bands solo efforts the one I like best is the folksy one from the drummer. Ty, I think, needs a good producer or others to flesh out his ideas. 'Nuff said.

    ReplyDelete