Monday, January 11, 2010

System of a Down - "Hypnotize"


System of a Down - Hypnotize
2005, Sony

1. Attack
2. Dreaming
3. Kill Rock n' Roll
4. Hypnotize
5. Stealing Society
6. Tentative
7. U-Fig
8. Holy Mountains
9. Vicinity of Obscenity
10. She's Like Heroin
11. Lonely Day
12. Soldier Side

Being, essentially, part 2 of a double album, Hypnotize is similar in style to the last disc. I think I prefer Mezmerize slightly over this one. There's a few songs on here that I just don't like "Holy Mountains" being one and "Lonely Day" being the other. The lyrics to "Lonely Day" are "The most loneliest day of my life." Emphasis is mine to point out that you either use "most" or "loneliest" - not both. Not only that the it's another mopey "oh look I'm a rock star but I'm sooooo lonely, you should pity me!" crap song. For as much as I'm bagging on it I do like this one it's just a bit more hit and miss than the last.

Useless Fact: I don't know what "Vicinity of Obscenity" is about, but unlike most System songs, I'm actually curious as to what it's about.

No comments:

Post a Comment