Thursday, January 21, 2010

Weezer - "Pinkerton"


Weezer - Pinkerton
1996, Geffin

1. Tired of Sex
2. Getchoo
3. No Other One
4. Why Bother?
5. Across the Sea
6. The Good Life
7. El Scorcho
8. Pink Triangle
9. Falling For You
10. Butterfly

Score another classic for Weezer. A lot of other fans I've talked to cite this disc as their favorite. It's my favorite too but I'm not sure why. The production seems a bit sloppier and the whole "wall-of-guitar" thing isn't quite there anymore but I LOVE the songs. Each one has a monster hook and is a lot of fun. "Pink Triangle" was my jam for awhile. Don't ask why. I also love the quirkier tunes like "El Scorcho." Why this one wasn't more famous I'll never know I guess because it didn't quite have the commercial appeal the last one had. Oh well... their loss.

Useless Fact: In "Across the Sea" Rivers Cuomo sings about writing to some girl in Japan and several years later I think he married a Japanese girl. I wonder if it was the same one as in the song? Anyone know?

No comments:

Post a Comment