Monday, January 4, 2010

S.F.C. - "Illumination"


S.F.C. - Illumination
1994, Brainstorm

1. Intro
2. One Time
3. Illumination
4. C-Mode Fizzunk
5. Interlude - We Can
6. Respect
7. The Vibe
8. How I Cope
9. Interlude - Mighty Gun
10. Don't Nap
11. Make Money
12. Phat
13. Interlude - If I
14. Existing in Time
15. Ladies and Gents

So it's 1994 right? Gangsta rap has pretty much ruined any sort of positive, good time rap. So what does Super C do? Well... he certainly doesn't follow the trend and go all hard core thank goodness! Illumination is another exercise in rap perfection. You can tell that Super C has matured as I think the lyrics are a bit more reserved and thoughtful and reflect that maturity. The only thing I don't really care for are the poetry interludes. I think I would rather have a silly skit, but like I said, this is a far more mature record so the poetry makes sense in terms of the overall vibe of the album. I think this was the last record Super C would record under the name S.F.C.

Useless Fact: Apparently there are two different covers for this album. The one pictured is the alternate, I think. The one I have has "S.F.C." spelled out in broken windows on the cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment