Thursday, January 7, 2010

Spin Doctors - "Pocket Full of Kryptonite"


Spin Doctors - Pocket Full of Kryptonite
1993, Epic

1. Jimmy Olsen's Blues
2. What Time is It?
3. Little Miss Can't Be Wrong
4. Forty or Fifty
5. Refrigerator Car
6. More Than She Knows
7. Two Princes
8. Off My Line
9. How Could You Want Him (When You Know You Could Have Me?)
10. Shinbone Alley/Hard to Exist

The Spin Doctors will probably always be known for "Two Princes." A song that most people like but won't admit it. The song got a lot of flack for being cheesy. I don't know what the deal was... I like it a lot. In fact, I like this whole album. Granted, it's not something that I play on a regular basis but every once in a while it's nice to pull out when I want to hear something different. They groove through their ten songs with plenty of humor and hooks. I think these guys are underrated in terms of talent. I was never really interested in any of their follow ups because they all sounded like carbon copies of this disc.

Useless Fact: This album was out for a few years before the band made videos for a couple of their songs and their popularity blew up. Kind of like with Nirvana.

No comments:

Post a Comment