Friday, January 8, 2010

The Swirling Eddies - "Sacred Cows"


The Swirling Eddies - Sacred Cows
1996, Starsong

1. God Good, Devil Bad
2. Baby Baby
3. Satan, Bite the Dust
4. Not For Me
5. I Luv Rap Music
6. Convertibles
7. I Use the J-Word
8. Alcatraz
9. Big House
10. Sing Along Song

Okay so this is a novelty disc with the Eddies covering some of Christian music's "best" hits! Most of it is good for one or two listens. There's only a few tracks that bear repeated spins. One of those is the hilarious "God Good, Devil Bad." The lisping in "Satan, Bite the Dust" makes that song MORE listenable, if you can believe that! You can hear what Audio Adrenaline's "Big House" sounds like with Deputy Dog singing it. But the the best, funniest, most brilliant song on here as got to be the lounge cover of DC Talk's "I Luv Rap Music." Easily the best track on here. I actually prefer that one to the original.

Useless Fact: There are two covers for this one. The one pictured is blue but I have a read one. Sort of like Pokemon... but... um... not as stupid. Okay... well I don't know about that. Never mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment