Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Gabriel, Peter - "Hit"


Gabriel, Peter - Hit
2003, Geffin

Disc One:
1. Solsbury Hill
2. Shock the Monkey
3. Sledgehammer
4. Don't Give Up
5. Games Without Frontiers
6. Big Time
7. Burn You Up, Burn You Down
8. Growing Up
9. Digging in the Dirt
10. Blood of Eden
11. More Than This
12. Biko
13. Stream
14. Red Rain
15. Here Comes the Flood

Disc Two:
1. San Jacinto
2. I Don't Remember
3. The Rhythm of the Heat
4. Love to be Loved
5. I Grieve
6. Family Snapshot
7. In Your Eyes
8. The Drop
9. The Tower That Ate People
10. Lovetown
11. Father Son
12. Signal to Noise
13. Downside Up
14. Cloudless

I remember loving the videos to "Sledgehammer" and "Big Time" when they played them occasionally on MTV. This is another collection I got because I'm a casual fan. This naturally has all the "hits" on it with some other tunes that I was unfamiliar with because I was just too young when they came out. I ended up liking some of these more than the ones I knew! The cool thing about Peter Gabriel is his support of world music by which he is influenced. It makes the songs a bit more interesting and unique than the average pop assemblage.

Useless Fact: "The Tower That Ate People" is a new song if I remember correctly and there is some multimedia on the disc too.

No comments:

Post a Comment