Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Rose - "Into the Unknown"


Rose - Into the Unknown
1995, REX

1. Fading Away
2. Past
3. Into The Unknown
4. Do You Know My Name?
5. Past Gone
6. Grass
7. Season of Pain
8. Die to the Flesh
9. Walking For Miles
10. Satan's Calling

When this first came out I didn't like it at all. I don't know why. After the crappy Crazy Little World Randy returns to the stoner rock that all us fans dig. I think the production is somewhat muddy here. Also it might just be me, but the songwriting seems just a tad tired as well. I mean you've got the song "Past" then a few tracks later "Past Gone." Um.... would it really been hard to come up with better names for these songs? Anyway, despite all that I quite enjoy this album now. Not as good as Healing but worth having in your collection.

Useless Fact: This would be Randy's last album under the "Rose" name. He would go on to have some other bands, one called Mothership, that were more alternative rock.

No comments:

Post a Comment