Friday, December 18, 2009

The Police - "Every Breath You Take: The Classics"

The Police - Every Breath You Take: The Classics
1995, A & M

1. Roxanne
2. Can't Stand Losing You
3. Message In a Bottle
4. Walking on the Moon
5. Don't Stand So Close To Me
6. De Do Do Do, De Da Da Da
7. Every Little Thing She Does is Magic
8. Invisible Sun
9. Spirits in the Material World
10. Every Breath You Take
11. King of Pain
12. Wrapped Around Your Finger
13. Don't Stand So Close To Me '86
14. Message In a Box (New Classic Rock Mix)

So if you haven't guessed by perusing my collection I'm a sucker for these "best of" deals. Usually it's because, once again, I love some songs but don't really like the band enough to track down all their crap. Such the case is with The Police yet again. Though I really do enjoy this collection and its nice to hear a band that's influenced some of my favorite bands like King's X and The Choir. I don't know why they thought the two tracks at the end were necessary as they're just alternate mixes of songs already on the album. Ugh! My Ipod stops with "Wrapped Around Your Finger."

Useless Fact: I guess Sting went off and did some obscure solo stuff after his stint with The Police (note: sarcasm). I also have a friend that says Sting plays the bass the wrong way.

No comments:

Post a Comment