Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Novella - "One Big Sky"


Novella - One Big Sky
1991, Starsong

1. Do We Just Surrender?
2. Running Home
3. Fire Eyes
4. I Need You
5. Whispers in the Night
6. Give Me Love
7. Lay It On Me
8. Who Are We To Say?
9. Sweet Rising Sun
10. Big Sky

I first heard Novella on a video called Metal Missionaries. It had songs from Whitecross, Bride, and Xalt as well as these guys. I absolutely loved the two tracks, "Do We Just Surrender?" and "Give Me Love" - solid late 80's/early 90's hard rock. The rest of the album I wasn't much impressed with for some reason. What can I say? I was young. These days though I think this is a fantastic rock disc. Definitely worth checking out even though it's out of print. Vocalist Jonathan Pagano's voice is smooth. For some reason this album makes me think of Richard Marx but I have no idea why. They don't really sound similar... Oh, this one has really cool cover art too!

Useless Fact: In the Metal Missionaries video they would cut to an interview with the band during the leads. Ugh! I didn't mind it when I was young, but now it annoys me.

No comments:

Post a Comment