Thursday, December 3, 2009

The Jelly Jam - "2"


The Jelly Jam - 2
2004, Inside Out

1. Not Today
2. Coming Round
3. Empty
4. Drop the Gun
5. Allison
6. Maybe
7. She Was Alone
8. Angel or Devil
9. You Don't Need Me Anymore
10. Runaway
11. War Is...
12. Message

I really thought I'd like The Jelly Jam a lot more than I actually did. How could a band made up of Ty Tabor (King's X) and John Myung (Dream Theater) not do something for me? I just think a lot of these songs are pretty forgettable - kind of King's X-lite, if you will. The only track I love is "Allison." Something about the groove of that song just gets in my head and makes me want to rock out! Everything else is okay, but as I said, largely forgettable. Too bad.

Useless Fact: The Jelly Jam was previously known as Platypus back when they had Derek Sherinian (ex-Dream Theater) on keyboards.

1 comment:

  1. BLASPHEMER! Okay, matters of taste are not disputable but this album kicks just about every album King's X has made in the last decade. That is, in my humble opinion.

    ReplyDelete