Friday, December 4, 2009

McKennitt, Loreena - "The Book of Secrets"


McKennitt, Loreena - The Book of Secrets
1997, Quinlan Road

1. Prologue
2. The Mummer's Dance
3. Skellig
4. Marco Polo
5. The Highwayman
6. La Serenissma
7. Night Ride Across the Caucasus
8. Dante's Prayer

Of the two Loreena CDs that I have this is my favorite. It doesn't have a 9-minute long nap-inducer at the end of the disc. One of the many highlights is the Noyes poem, "The Highwayman" set to music. But really this whole album is just amazing from the first note to the last. How can I even describe this musical perfection? Beats me, you just have to hear it for yourself... so go buy one, silly!

I went through a time where I wasn't listening to any music except praise and worship music. This is one of the first few that I bought when I was getting back into regular music. I played it at work all the time because it was a great way to get my mind off of actual work!

Useless Fact: All of Loreena's CDs have been reissued with bonus content. I think it's actually the same bonus content on all of them if I recall. They also made a video for "The Mummer's Dance" that I saw on MTV though that version has a dance beat behind it.

No comments:

Post a Comment