Friday, December 18, 2009

Pink Floyd - "The Wall"


Pink Floyd - The Wall
1979/1996, Columbia

Disc One:
1. In the Flesh?
2. The Thin Ice
3. Another Brick in the Wall (Part I)
4. The Happiest Days of Our Lives
5. Another Brick in the Wall (Part II)
6. Mother
7. Goodbye Blue Sky
8. Empty Spaces
9. Young Lust
10. One of My Turns
11. Don't Leave Me Now
12. Another Brick in the Wall (Part III)
13. Goodbye Cruel World

Disc Two:
1. Hey You
2. Is There Anybody Out There?
3. Nobody Home
4. Vera
5. Bring the Boys Back Home
6. Comfortably Numb
7. The Show Must Go On
8. In the Flesh
9. Run Like Hell
10. Waiting For the Worms
11. Stop
12. The Trial
13. Outside the Wall

I'm a newcomer to the whole Pink Floyd party so I heard this whole album only a few years ago. I still like it - a definite second behind Animals. I love the gentle acoustic passage in "Goodbye Blue Skies" which is combined with this sinister sounding synth part. So cool. It's too bad most people are only familiar with "Another Brick in the Wall (Part II)" because there's so much great music to be had here. A co-worker and I were once driving back home from a job and "Comfortably Numb" was on the stereo. When it ended my co-worker said, "It just doesn't get any better than that." True words if there ever were any. David Gilmore's solo in that song is amazing.

Useless Fact: Oh, I think this one is about Syd Barrett too.

No comments:

Post a Comment