Saturday, November 7, 2009

Dakoda Motor Co. - "Welcome Race Fans"



Dakoda Motor Co. - Welcome Race Fans
1994, Myrrh

1. Alive
2. Truth
3. Trip to Pain
4. Uglier
5. Love Runs Home
6. Where Did It Go?
7. Stand Up
8. Ooh, That Girl
9. Friend in My Eyes
10. Free
11. Rockin' in the Mall

When I was young I didn't like this one as much as the debut. I have no idea why. It pretty much picks up where the last one left off. It might be a bit heavier. No... heavier's not the word... harder? More electric? Less acoustic maybe. Yeah... less acoustic. Anyway, I didn't like it at first but it's grown on me a lot after all these years. In fact, I'd ask my teenage self what the heck my problem was. This album is every bit as fun as the first. If you liked Into the Son it's not a stretch to say you'll like this too. I got to see these guys in concert at Kingdom Bound. Everyone wanted to mosh but Peter King said they couldn't. He had this little song, "Jump up and down, but not side to side!" It was pretty funny, they put on a good show.

Useless Fact: "Where Did It Go?" has lyrics printed in the liner notes but in the actual song Peter King just mumbles a bunch of nonsense words. It's more amusing than you'd think.

No comments:

Post a Comment